Thursday, July 31, 2014

Art: Encourage a Child with Illustrations



DSCF2046


I can remember as a child not having much encouragement in the areas of my interest.  Sometimes it's hard to figure out just which direction your child is going if they do many things.  There are certain pictures from my memories of growing up that stick out in my mind.  It begins visual and follows with the event or situation that was connected to the picture.

Visual illustrations can leave a lasting mark on a memory.  Something as simple as a poster hanging in a child’s room or anywhere they spend a great deal of time can travel with them through their life.  Even the negative ones can have an impact and let’s face it, children are surrounded by negativity these days.

But it doesn’t have to be that way.  We can change that for them with such simple things; from a special treat being placed in their lunch boxes everyday along with a note from Mom or Dad, to a simple illustration that might touch their little hearts, spark an idea or just inspire a certain attitude or outlook to live by.

Recently my daughter asked me to make some illustrations for some picture frames she had acquired.  These illustrations were to go in my grand-daughters remodeled bathroom.  So I thought long and hard about what I could illustrate for her that she might always remember.  Now, I don’t know if these illustrations will be one of those childhood memories that will inspire her as she grows up, but, if I could do anything to help her dream big, be inspired and have a positive outlook on her life, it was worth a try.

Proverbs 22:6  Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it.

I tried to make the illustrations include something she loved, something she could relate to, to make the biggest impact on her.  She will see these everyday.  I hope and pray she will remember the illustrations and what they are saying to her.  Someday she might need this memory.

If you are interested in hanging these up for your grand daughter click on the picture to purchase a print.  Inspire a child!

DSCF2046          DSCF2049          DSCF2051

No comments:

Post a Comment