Thursday, July 3, 2014

Art: Overcoming Fear

 

DSCF2018 (800x597)

 

This painting went through a great deal of changes before I was finally happy with it.  Kind of like we do as we grow and learn.

 

This is what it looked like yesterday and…………………….

DSCF2008 (800x597)

I wasn’t happy with it at all!

I studied on it for awhile and I knew if it was ever going to a piece I didn’t mind showing or even giving away, it was going to have to go through some major changes.  Even though I was reluctant to actually paint out the vase, that’s what I knew I needed to do.

Sometimes in our lives we know we have to make changes and more times than not, they are very difficult, even scary.  If we are passionate about what we want to do, then we just have to push back our fears and dive in.  And we have help if we want it.

2nd Timothy 1:7  For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.

Completely painting out part of the picture was pretty scary to me.  But I thought, God has given me the desire to use the talents He has given me to show love to other people, so I couldn’t give up.  This little painting would just end up in the trash or under my bed, tossed way back in the closet or something else very wasteful.  I liked the flowers and wanted to save them.

I couldn’t let myself be defeated, so I just dove in.  I’m glad I did.  I have a happy little painting that will either make money for me or I will give it away in hopes of making someone smile.

About the painting

Just in case your interested:

This is acrylic and watercolor pencil on stretched canvas.  The large flowers are cone flowers.  I just used regular craft paint.  After I was sure it was finished, I sprayed it with a clear matte sealer.  I used photos of the flowers and the rest was just imagination and determination.

Join my on my facebook page to view more of my work by clicking here.

No comments:

Post a Comment