Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Art: Perfectly Beautiful Flowers

 

DSCF1926 (568x800)

 

So what does beautiful mean?  Pleasing to the mind or pleasing aesthetically is one of the definitions I found.  Aesthetics (also spelled æsthetics and esthetics) is a branch of philosophy dealing with the nature of art, beauty, and taste, with the creation and appreciation of beauty.[1][2] It is more scientifically defined as the study of sensory or sensori-emotional values, sometimes calledjudgments of sentiment and taste.[3] More broadly, scholars in the field define aesthetics as "critical reflection on art, culture and nature."[4][5]

Flowers seem to have a way of pleasing us with their beauty.  And with their perfect form (thanks to our Creator) they also help us realize how to appreciate beauty.  We can be a part of this in more than one way.  We can plant them and enjoy them as they come to life, we can pick them and use them to brighten and cheer up our surroundings, we can give them as presents, we can try to paint them and recreate their beauty, just looking at them though, brings a sense of hope to me.

They are delicate, yet they are strong.  They are perfect and all the different flowers and colors are perfect.  Perfectly beautiful, I guess, is how I would describe a flower.

So as I worked on this piece, I fell even more in love with flowers.  It is such a bright and welcoming piece.  It would cheer up any room it was hanging in.  And of course, being on this barn wood with all it’s history even makes it better for me.

Great thing about this piece is that, you won’t even sneeze when you look at it.  There’s more than one way to enjoy their beauty, even if you can’t have the real thing for one reason or another.

I started not to put color to it and this is what it looked like after drawing it with white acrylic paint and a brush.  I like the lacey look too, but the colors are more cheerful.  Cheerful and happy is what I am after in most everything I do.

                                                 DSCF1917 (569x800)

Flowers are pleasing to the mind, soothing to the soul and spiritually and emotionally stirring.  They are simply beautiful.

Hope you enjoyed looking at this piece.  Have a beautiful day.

This painting was done by me, Teresa Haynes Johnson, finished on April 21, 2014 and is acrylic on barn wood.

No comments:

Post a Comment