Thursday, May 22, 2014

Art: Galatians 5:22-23 The Answer

 

DSCF1970

 

Suddenly one day I realized that I had just as much brain as the other fella.  I didn’t need someone who pumped themselves up as “chosen by God” to explain the Bible to me.

When I came across Galatians 5:22-23 in the Bible, a light went off.  The answer was not to spend your life trying to avoid it and being full of fear about what could happen, it was to jump right into it all and make the best of the life God has given us.

If I was constantly trying to avoid evil, then that was what I was constantly thinking about, evil.  But that’s not the way God intended us to be.  He created a beautiful world, full of beautiful things to enjoy.

There are always going to be ways to take a wonderful idea and use it for bad, but God meant it for good.

This particular illustration is of my favorite verse in God’s Word.  For me, it sums up just how we should try to be.  It is the ammunition we need to live the kind of life we were intended to live.

The painting is acrylic on barn wood.  It is an attempt to recreate the beauty of the words in the verse. 

Have a wonderful life, focus on the beauty all around you that God created for you.  It drowns out the evil that attempts to take over us all.  But, the battle is already won!

No comments:

Post a Comment