Tuesday, January 20, 2015

God’s Great Gallery

 

DSCF2265

 

Really, no other gallery matters does it?  All the art work I do can go ignored on this earth if that is the way it is to be.  But I am closest to God when I am painting.  Because when I paint, I think, I pray, I meditate on things above.  I ask God to help me as an artist, as a person, to show me what His purpose is for me, to use me to glorify Him in some way.  The only way I can even imagine is through my art, so that’s the direction I am taking.

If He chooses to give me another way, a better way, then I have to be ready.

 

DSCF1956 (800x685)

As I was working on trying to improve this painting, I was thinking about what I would like my life to be about.  This is what I came up with.

 

My paintbrush is my heart,

my imagination, my palette,

my purpose is God’s will,

my prayer, to glorify God,

my goal is to spread His Word,

my destiny, I will exhibit some day in God’s Great Gallery.

Written by Teresa Haynes Johnson

 

And so I plopped it right here on this painting to show the world how I feel and who I want to become.

godgallery (800x652)

 

I hope you enjoyed my artist thoughts today.

No comments:

Post a Comment