Thursday, January 29, 2015

Recreating Autumn’s Glory

 

DSCF2271 (800x262)

 

Even when you hear it said that the artist just paints for him or herself, they still have to be pleased with the piece before it is finished.  The vision must be represented to their satisfaction or either it is not finished, it goes in the closet or they work on it again at a later date to try to reach the goal with that particular work.

As an artist I take my work very seriously, there is such passion and determination in each piece I paint or draw.  There is a strong desire to represent God’s Creation in a beautiful way.  I’m sure most every one that has that creative drive strives to represent their vision, cause, or whatever they are working on or for at the moment in a pleasing way. 

With so much negative in the world, bringing out the beauty and positive energy in each piece seems to be the goal I strive for.  Seeing a smile come across a face when someone looks at the paintings, drawings or collage’ I have poured myself into is one of the greatest payoffs.

My desire is that the art I make speaks of God and represents Him well.  Like those who want to spread His Word vocally, I attempt to spread His Word through painting and sharing the wondrous creation He made for us.  God made us in His likeness, He is the Creator, so we should be attempting to create too.  Creating is actually something from nothing and there is only One that could, can and ever will be able to do that.  So, actually, I am attempting to recreate as best I can with the tools and talent He has given me. That is my mission, my goal.

Even evil has to be given tools to work with.  Many times the same tools used to make evil are tools that can also be used for good. It’s not the absence of evil, but the overwhelming quantity of good that can make the difference in our lives and in the world.

James 1:17  Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and cometh down from the Father of lights, with whom is no variableness, neither shadow of turning.

This piece “Autumn Glory” was inspired by the beauty of God’s Creation. It is an attempt to capture that glorious light of our Father and the beauty with the autumn colors.  Realizing that any attempt to recreate the Creator’s beauty is feeble and a goal that cannot be attained shouldn’t keep us from trying.  He wants us to be like Him in all areas of our lives, so we try.  We try using whatever talents and gifts He has given us as individuals.

What is your voice?  Mine is visual, painting and drawing to share the beauty of this world He gave us.

I hope you enjoy this piece, hope it brings a smile to your face and most of all, that it resembles the beauty God has given us enough that you think of Him.  And thank Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment